Leaning into the future
CEO Commentary by Mike McMorris
The LRIC board recently approved a new strategic plan which has a clear focus on driving innovation in Ontario’s livestock sector. Our approach is threefold:
- Provide members services and a centralized hub for livestock research, innovation, networking and mentorship.
- Seek and stimulate continuous improvement of the innovation system by all stakeholders.
- Be the trusted intermediary between industry, government and academia.
We will accomplish this by delivering on five areas of focus:
- Member services
- Research services
- Strategic Intelligence
- Engagement and collaboration
- GRIP (Getting Research Into Practice)
For more detail, check out our strategic plan.
Innovation is all about change and change is all about people. LRIC values our great working relationships with members, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) and researchers. As we innovate our way to a better future, we look forward to working with interested parties.
Clarity on where we are today, our challenges and opportunities, as well as a good sense of where we need to be will let us plan steps to get there.